Tanah Lot Temple Guided Sunset Tour
Admire the sunset over the sea at Tanah Lot Temple and soak up the magic of one of Bali’s beloved UNESCO World Heritage Listed Sites. Stroll around the temple grounds, learn about Balinese culture, and visit authentic local markets on this 5-hour tour.
About this activity:
-Duration: 5 hours (Starting time 2:30 PM)
– Transportatinon in modern car or van.
-Printed or mobile voucher accepted
-Live tour guide (English)
Pickup is available from Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Sanur, Krobokan, Canggu, and Ubud only. From other locations, there will be an extra charge depending on the location. The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact pickup time.
- Admire the sunset over the sea at Tanah Lot Temple
- Soak up the magic of one of Bali’s UNESCO World Listed Heritage Sites
- Stroll around the temple grounds and markets
- Learn about Balinese culture and religion
The tour begins with pickup from selected Bali locations and heads to the stunning Tanah Lot Temple, located about 20 km north of Densapar. Upon arrival, admire the imposing rock formation that the temple sits upon, which has been shaped over the years by the crashing waves beneath it.
Tanah Lot is one of 7 ocean temples in Bali and has been a center of mythology for centuries. This Hindu temple, which is dedicated to the Gods of the sea and dates back to the 16th century, holds much significance for locals but is now just as well loves by visitors to the island. Spend some time exploring the temple, as well as its dramatic surroundings, and learn about the rich history of Tanah Lot and the religious beliefs surrounding it.
There’s also time to wander around the many local market stalls that surround the temple, offering handmade trinkets, Balinese instruments, textiles and more. After a spot of shopping, head back to the temple, which boasts incredible sunset views thanks to its Southwesterly location. Find the perfect place to relax and admire the skies change color against the backdrop of the ocean, with Tanah Lot standing proudly at the forefront. Once the sun has set, hop back on the bus for the return journey to your accommodation.
- Pickup and drop off at your accommodation
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- English-speaking tour guide
- Mineral water
What’s Not Included:
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fee (unless option selected)
Prepare for the activity:
Know before you go
- The tour lasts 5 hours and is available in English
- Entrance fees and meals are not included in this tour, so please bring cash for this, around DR 65,000/person
- Free transfers from Jimbaran, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Sanur, Krobokan, Cangguonly; from other locations, there will be an extra charge depending on the location
- Exact pickup time depends on participants’ respective locations; the driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time
- Please allow sufficient time for the heavy traffic during high season when heading to the meeting point
- Travel times can vary greatly compared to the times stated in navigation apps
- Please make sure you leave with enough time to reach your destination
- High season is from September to April
- Price $53 p.p.
- Travel activities Tours, Activities, Adventure, Sightseeing
- Location / Region Bali/ Tabanan