Villa Des Indes I, 4-bedroom villa in Seminyak.
Cocooned within Seminyak’s exclusive Laksmana private estate, less than five minutes’ walk from the beach, is the sublime Des Indes I. This fully staffed, four-bedroom multi-pavilion residence is distinguished by its heritage joglo – a centuries’ old, elaborately carved teakwood building that was once the home of a Javanese aristocrat and now forms a palatial open-plan living pavilion. The two master bedroom pavilions are just as generously proportioned, with deep verandas, den/libraries, air-conditioned bathrooms and tropical garden showers, while the two guest suites occupy a separate two-storey pavilion. Every impeccably decorated room features colonial-era furniture, oriental carpets, heirloom artefacts and curios, heritage posters and original art – animated by an experienced team that includes butlers and an accomplished chef.
The pavilions encircle a 21-metre lagoon-style swimming pool at the centre of the villa’s mature tropical garden, edged with sun-loungers and parasols, and a traditional balé. Beyond the villa walls, the expanse of Petitenget Beach is barely five minutes’ walk away, along with some of Bali’s best-known establishments – among them Ku De Ta, Potato Head, Breeze at Samaya and La Lucciola.
Recline on a plantation chair with an espresso and good book. Follow a refreshing dip with a siesta in the garden balé. Sip a sunset cocktail prepared by your butler, then, after a candle-lit dinner prepared by your personal chef, retire to your romantic four-poster bed and sink into a deep restorative sleep.
Des Indes I is particularly suited to one or two families with older kids (though toddlers are welcome too), as well as groups of friends. While up to 12 guests may be accommodated within the villa, a further 14 guests can stay in Des Indes II in the same estate.
Features and amenities
Additional Facilities: Barbecue; back-up generator; safety deposit boxes; 2 massage beds.
- Huge open-sided living pavilion – a centuries-old elaborately carved teakwood joglo full of antiques and artefacts
- Three separate seating areas
- Dining area with table for eight
- Bar pavilion with sit-up bar and butlers pantry, and a well-equipped kitchen behind
- 21-metre lagoon-style swimming pool, with sunken seating circling frangipani island
- Deeply cushioned traditional balé
- Sun-bathing lawn with loungers and parasols
- Verandas with table and seating outside each bedroom
Master Suites 1 & 2
- Each glamorous master bedroom suite occupies its own air-conditioned pavilion facing the pool
- Four-poster king-size bed with luxury cotton bedding
- Den/library with comfortable seating and desk
- Full width veranda with breakfast table, comfortable chairs and loungers
- 32-inch TV and selection of books
- Large dressing area
- Huge bathroom with statement bathtub, double basins, walk-in shower, and alfresco shower in courtyard garden
Guest Bedrooms 1 & 2
- Two air-conditioned bedrooms share a two-storey building
- Queen-size bed in ground floor room; twin beds in the upper room
- Seating in alcove doubles as extra bed (extra charge)
- 32-inch TV and selection of books
- Dressing area leading to air-conditioned bathroom with marble shower enclosure and (in the ground floor bathroom) a garden bathtub
- Veranda with seating
Enjoy the exclusive use of the whole villa, its private swimming pool and unlimited WiFi and the flawless service of its team of staff, including the villa manager, personal chef, villa attendants, butlers and security.
- Price $890
- Listing categories Villas / 4 Bedroom
- Location / Region Bali/ Seminyak
- Villa Atributes Pool, Kitchen, Livingroom, Fully-Equipped Kitchen, Air-Condition, Garden, Gazebo, Bar, Housekeeping, Security, TV, Cable TV Channels, Minibar, Safe, Telephone, WiFi / Internet, Music System, Fan, Hair Dryer, Bathrobes, Bathroom Amenities, Pool/Beach Towels, Outdoor Furniture, Sun Terrace
- Service Maid Service, Free WiFi Internet, Buttler Service, Airport Transfers, Chef, Dining Service, Villa Manager, Car and Driver available, Tour Arrangements, Wedding Arrangements, Laundry Service, Private check-in/check-out, Massage Service, Transfer Service, Some service facilities are for surcharge
- Website http://www.balidiscover.com
- Address Jl. Astinapura No.3, Seminyak, Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361